About Me

My photo
Middleburg, FL, United States
.
Thursday, April 1, 2010

PostHeaderIcon French toast breakfast……6 HBin5 – Carrot bread -

Do you like carrots? I sure do and nibbling on a whole carrots morphs me back to a time when Bugs bunny on TV was still something special back in the days.
Having bunnies on my mind while nibbling on my carrot I realize what a fitting picture that is with Easter so near and because carrots play a part in one of this month breads.
Carrots are a great vegetable full of Vitamin A, dietary fiber, antioxidants and other minerals. They are however also one of the 12 worst offenders in the “pesticide residue” category. If you have the option of purchasing those organically grown why not go for it?
You can find this recipe like all the others that fall into the HBin5 category in the HBin5 book.
This post is part of a bakers challenge (to bake through the HBin5 book) at Michelle’s blog Big black dog so hop on over and check out how the other bakers interpreted this bread dough and other dough's during this challenge. You will find links there to direct you to the other bloggers.

Apr.1st Bread Braid
HBin5 Page 157-159 -1/2 recipe Carrot Bread
DSCF1295
DSCF1297
DSCF1314
DSCF1317
My favorite breakfast that I talked about in my last post never materialized with this bread but we did enjoy a French toast breakfast this morning made by soaking the slices overnight in an egg custard.
A side of bacon and some real maple syrup was all that was needed to turn this into a nice breakfast.
DSCF1382

10 comments:

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

French toast sounds great. Shall keep it in mind when I bake my carrot bread.

Michelle said...

Wish I had tried making French Toast with my Carrot Bread, sounds so good!

Raelyn said...

That is a fabulous idea. My kids are always asking for french toast. I think I will use up the rest of my dough this way. Thanks.

Bonnie said...

I wish I had some left to use this way. I didn't think of that one.

Mama Peck said...

Another great idea! I still have some carrot bread tucked away in the freezer- French Toast may be on the menu soon. :)

Cathy (Bread Experience) said...

Now there's an idea! Your just full of creative ideas! French Toast sounds a wonderful way to use the rest of my loaf. Yummy!

Cristie said...

Great use of this bread, no doubt this was licked right up. I love the style of your pictures, so clever.

Daphne said...

Oh my gosh! This French toast looks so yummy. I may have to make another batch of this bread just so I can turn it into French toast.

Elwood said...

French toast is such a great idea. I'm going to have to do that.

Joanne said...

using the carrot bread for French toast is SUCH a good idea! I'm going to have to keep that in the back of my mind for some of the other sweeter breads!

Post a Comment



Followers